Martinsville/Henry County Director of Tourism!
Jennifer's enthusiasm, inventiveness and dedication have produced dramatic results in the past two years as Dan River Basins Rivers and Trails Project Manager. Working under a grant from the Harvest Foundation, Jennifer's accomplishments have been innovative and exciting, providing enhanced recreational opportunities for our community and river basin and providing new opportunities that have never been available in our area.
Just a few of the many, many accomplishments in the past 2 years:
- Development of the 75 acre Gravely Nature Preserve, Henry County's only interpretive park
- 2 new river access on the Smith River
- Preserving the historic Burgess Family Cemetery on Old Mill Road
- Development and implementaion of the "Adopt a Trails Program"
- Completion of the Fieldale Trail Phase II
- The Fieldale Iron Bridge historic preservation Project
- Smith River Fest 2008- 2009