Thursday, July 17, 2008

Happy Hikers


It's the 2nd week of the Martinsville-Henry County After 3 Summer Camp and another group of 30 middle school aged youth got the opportunity to explore the Richard P. Gravely, Jr. Nature Preserve in Ridgeway. Jennifer Doss of the Dan River Basin Association and Jeannie Frisco of Activate Martinsville-Henry County led tours for the group that included information about the historical and natural wonders found on the preserve's 75-acres.

Here's what this week's participants thought:

"I loved the cemetery. I thought that it was very interesting and fun. Thanks!"
-Ali W.

"The trip was interesting with all the fascinating history. Also I was really interested with the graves. I would love to learn more about them."

"I thought the hike was so awesome. It was a good workout. My feet hurt, but I feel very good. I feel fresh. It was educational. I can't wait to come back!"
-Kristen

"I liked the cemetery. I think it's neat to be able to look back into the past."
- Patsy Q.

"The trail was awesome the cemetery was really cool. I thought the coolest thing was the vortex spider web. I really liked today!"

"Trail was so awesome. I liked the log cabin and we saw a huge mushroom. The history was so neat and fascinating. The graveyard was probably the coolest!"

"The trip was fun and very interesting, we got to see some really cool things such as the tobacco house and the spider."

No comments:


www.DanRiver.org