Thursday, July 17, 2008

Letters from Students

Throughout the year DRBA team members and Dr. David Jones, local Trout-in-the-Classroom (TIC) sponsor, frequently recieve letters from students in the TIC program. The program has just completed its third year in Martinsville and Henry County and served over 2,000 youth! The following are some letters and art work from students at Carver Elementary that we would like to share.



Dear Dr. Jones,

Thank you so much for what you have done, including getting the fish and equipment. It has been such an honor to be part of the Smith River Fish Release. I have learned so much about the Smith River and how you all see if the river is unhealthy or healthy. Thanks for this experience.

Sincerely,
Bonnie Swinney
Dear Dr. Jones,

Thank you for letting the fifth grade have fish to take care of. I really like the fish. They were also the best part of fifth grade.

Sincerely,
Harley Grice

Dear Dr. Jones,


I would like to thank you for teaching me many things about river life. My favorite part was picking up the crawdads. Some were easy to handle while others were a little wild. I thank you for everything you taught me and I will do my best to keep our rivers clean.

Sincerely,
Kaylee Crawford

No comments:


www.DanRiver.org